I sing for joy at what your hands have done – Psalm 92
This morning met again to pray! We gave thanks for:
- Our Alpha Course and the awesome term we have had so far! For many changed lives and a great weekend.
- Our Buildings Work and particularly passionate praise and thanksgiving for our toilets which work really well!
- Our Young Adults and their end of term social last night.
We asked God about:
- Wayne and Wendy Massey and the church planting initiatives in Bristol. We had a great prayer list to pray for the new church plant in St Andrews – so many ‘familiar’ stories of a new church growing. Awesome!
- Peter Desmond and the 400-member Tearfund Team in South Sudan. We prayed particularly for safety for the team in a very tumultuous time particularly in border areas. We prayed for some of the partnership issues that the team there are facing. We prayed for the two Anglican Diocese involved and all the other churches. We prayed for all the rain – that it would be the right kind of rain, at the right time (it is raining heavily there now!) We prayed for Kate from Medair who is also going to South Sudan after Focus.
- Our continued building works. For the church kitchen going in, in August. For the doors and their refurbishment. For the warehouse toilets – yes! And for financial provision for it all.
- Our Focus church holiday. We prayed over several crates of beer and remembered our gifts of hospitality! We thought of those who may feel on their own at Focus and asked God to help us gather them up. We gave thanks and prayed for energy for all the HTB staff who pour out so much into this time. We prayed for everyone back in Hampton Wick, that everyone would catch this Focus fire through our August meetings.
Are you praying these things too? Bless you for that! If you want to post an ‘AMEN’, please feel welcome to do so using the comment field.